Four places to visit:
- Reserva Ecologica – Hire a bike in nearby Puerto Madero or San Telmo (both areas worth a walk too) – the latter has a nice market called Feria de San Telmo on Sundays
- The UN Park to see the Floralis Generica (the supersized flower sculpture that opens and closes)
- Walk, walk, walk through the many cool neighbourhoods: Recoleta, Palermo, San Telmo (mentioned above) etc.
- Make a day-trip to Uruguay – specifically Colonia del Sacramento
Four places to eat and drink:
- Looks like Restó – that back-of-the-architect-association place still exists. It was great when I went.
- So many steak houses, so little time – I’d go for Parilla Don Julio again any time… and don’t forget to draw on your Malbec bottle once you’ve finished with it – Address: Guatemala 4691 and Gurruchaga | Palermo Soho, Buenos Aires
- Empanadas … there’ll be many many places
- When in Uruguay, not many great places to eat (at least that I found) – but this one was at least quirky: El Drugstore
And your soundtrack? Piazzolla.